Monday, December 13, 2010

Mama Said Home is Where the Heart is... :)

Home for a month! Feels so good to be back in Colorado. On my drive home from Wyoming, I started thinking about differences between Laramie and Highlands Ranch and just what I love about coming home. This is what I have...
Driving on I-25 and seeing the Welcome to Colorful Colorado sign I always kind of "eeek" because I instantly feel different being back in CO.

Being back in traffic, although I hate traffic usually I actually get excited when I hit traffic near Denver. The city girl part of me comes alive and I battle my way down the highway switching lanes, slamming on my brakes, and giving dirty looks to the people that cut me off. I don't deal with ANY sort of traffic in Laramie...

When I see the city skyline for the first time on my drive home I can't help but smile :). So many memories in Denver, from countless Rockies games, to dinner traditions with the family, to just hanging out with my brother at his apartment.. every time I see downtown Denver I replay all those good times.

Also when I see Denver I just laugh to myself... Wyoming as a WHOLE state has a little over 500,000 people, and Denver alone has way more people than that. It baffles me how unpopulated of a state i go to school in!

Comparing Laramie to HR is like comparing a dog to a butterfly... there is really nothing in common. Maybe a couple restaurants and  wal-mart but that is about it! Laramie has definitely grown on me, and I like the small town living style, but I LOVE being back in suburbia and being home.

It should be a good break :) Vegas on Thursday and the rest of the month lots and lots of family time!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment