Monday, January 17, 2011

Lifes what you make it..

My college career so far has been nothing less than a wild roller coaster ride. I started at CU Denver living at home and although it was a great stepping stone, I knew it wasn't for me. My second semester of freshman year I moved to Laramie, WY to attend the University of Wyoming and that is where I have been since.  Just a couple months ago I was the happiest i've been yet post high school. I loved it here and was encouraged with the good attitude I had developed towards this tiny little town.  So what changed? Why am I again feeling like I don't belong and this isn't where I should be? I feel very lost right now but I have to remember that following my heart is the only thing that will lead me to a successful and happy future.
This semester I decided to drop my classes at UW and continue my education by taking a few classes through ACC and working in the meantime. I am a very hard worker and dedicated to what I love so I refuse to carry the label that I "quit college" or "gave up." Because that is not the case at all, if anything I am just taking a new approach to this time in my life.
My current goal is to work as much as I can this semester and summer and get some money and eventually move to Boston, for real this time.  I feel like if I think about living there this much then I should give it a try. If I don't like it then that settles that. But I don't ever want grow up and regret that I never moved to the city I absolutely love. I truly believe that I would be beyond happy there. I can picture myself going to Cape Cod for a long weekend and going to Marblehead to visit my grandparents for dinner. It's my home away from home...
I have put other people aside right now, it's time I make decisions that will benefit me and my future. I can't worry about how other people will react anymore. It's go time.
All I know is I have the BEST family supporting me and that my real friends will always be standing by my side no matter what.

"It’s your life 
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for 
It’s an open doo
r
It’s your life"
-Its your life by Francesca Battestelli

No comments:

Post a Comment