Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Po Po are here!

---Well, I experienced a new side of college this weekend.  I can't deny the fact I had a blast. 
On Saturday night, after a day in the sun at the football game and working 5 hours all I wanted to do was go back to my apartment and crash. That was not an option for me.  Me and my roommates friends were throwing a "kegger" in their campus living apartment and I had no choice but to go over and check it out.  When I got there it was already packed. But as the night went on practically every football player and basketball player from uw (I felt very small and white haha) and a billion other people I didn't know were crammed inside this small living quarters. I'm not opposed to people drinking at all, but i'd rather be sober and aware of whats go on, so I just stood by and watched everyone make fools of themselves. By 11:30 or so a kid with a mohawk went bounding around the apartment yelling " the po po are here!!!" I have NEVER seen a place clear out as fast as I did that night. One of my friends left, then came back in saying that it was just a joke blah blah blah. I started laughing then turned around and saw a cop standing directly in front of me- only being separated by a window, then seconds later more cops filled the place, part of me was scared, but at the same time I thought it was kinda thrilling. After the cops came in me and the remaining people left. Me- "Ayana, i'll be back to grab my keys" Cop- "No you wont, don't come back" Okay bossy guts! I'm the sober one here.... 
Anyways, I ended up getting my keys and heading out. Drunk roommates in tow.
---About 2 hours later, I got a call from a friend to go pick his drunk butt up. Off I went. I took my roommates truck so I could put his bike in the bed. After picking him up, we're driving along and I see those "beautiful" red and blue lights flashing behind me. My stomach drops and I feel like fainting. "Hello miss, I pulled you over for swirving. Have you been drinking tonight?" "Um no." I guess I could of said more.. he then decided to test my words against me.. he had me follow his fingers back and forth for like 2 minutes (not really but it felt that long) I was FREAKED out, since my brother is a cop he likes to use those little tricks on me. One time I was again completely sober and he did the eye test on me and of course my eyes bounced anyways and I failed. So here I am taking the test thinking to myself i'm going to jail for being a good doubey. Thankfully I "passed" and was able to go on my way.
---Two too many encounters with cops for me... Thankfully I stuck to my guns and didn't drink.
Haha I thought it was a funny night, nights like that make me enjoy being a college kid..
Hopefully this weekend will be less eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment