Monday, September 20, 2010

She said I think I'll go to Boston..

There is once in a lifetime

And there is once in a while
And the difference between the two
Is about a million miles..



Today has been a confusing day to say the least. I am only 19 years old and I feel like I am constantly thinking of my future. I guess in some ways that productive, but at the same time I think it consumes too much of my life.
Today especially I can't help but think where I should be going to school next year. Unlike all my friends there was never a college I REALLY wanted to go to.  So far it has been a "guess and check" experience. I like Wyoming and all but I don't think it is the college for me.  I want to transfer.  But going with that I worry that I'll fall way behind and that I once again will wind up in a situation I want out of.  
If I could go anywhere in the entire world, I would chose Boston, Massachusetts without a doubt.  I called my mom today and she said "life is too short to live with regrets." All my life I have wanted to live there, it's just a matter of time I like to think. Even if it doesn't work out I never want to look back at my life and regret never testing it out.  I'm looking at plane tickets to go out there and look at a couple schools, just in case.
I am becoming a very independent person, i've learned that there are few people I can rely on.  But with the help of my family, and boyfriend, and friends I know I can get through anything.  I hope that maybe this whole Boston thing does work out, it will give me a chance to live the life I feel like I've always wanted.
Until then, I'm going to focus on school and embracing the life i'm living right now.  
My current goal is: Making the Deans List this semester. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment